vlc possible bug

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Wed Oct 17 10:01:59 UTC 2012

When I play an audio stream with vlc on command line interface, the quit
command works with no problem.  However if I play a downloaded video file
with vlc, the quit command in command line interface does not work.
Another problem with videos on vlc is that vlc puts a status bar of some
kind on the screen and updates it throughout the video.  I haven't yet
figured out what setting is doing this, but if I find out I'll be looking
for what configuration file to update with what setting to permanently
disable this behavior.