UbuntuGNOME - Ubuntu Wiki

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 28 22:18:12 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 10:56:12PM EST, Tony Baechler wrote:
> This might be of interest to some people here, especially since there seem
> to be concerns about Unity accessibility.  As you can see from the below
> link, Ubuntu GNOME 13.04 will ship GNOME 3.6 with 3.8 available.

Be aware that the Ubuntu GNOME image does not boot the same as the main Ubuntu image, in that it doesn't pause, and then boot into the system, allowing you to try/install Ubuntu and load Orca. You have to use the older method of enabling accessibility, i.e waiting for the image to boot, pressing enter on the language, i.e English, pressing F5, and 3 for screen reader, and then pressing enter to boot. Unfortunately it was something I noticed a little too late in the cycle, so it couldn't be fixed, but I will be sure to raise this for the future releases.

Luke