Installing Linux

Bryan Duarte bryan0731 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 15:00:51 UTC 2013

Yesterday I burned two DVD's of Ubuntu 1204, and then lookid into Vinux. I was unable to get Ubuntu to install from the disk, and Vinux is giving me an error as well. I am not understanding why I cannot get Linux or Vinux to install on my Mac book Pro. Here are the steps I took in doing this let me know if you can tell me where I am going wrong...
1. I downloaded Ubuntu and Vinux.
2. Got a blank DVD R and used Disk Utility to burn the ISO to the disk.
3. I downloaded Refit to allow it to help me boot from the disk
4. Once I clicked on install Linux from Disk it would run for a minute then Ubuntu would just bring up a blank screen that would not let me do anything, and Vinux was giving me a Kurnal error.

Can anyone tell me how to successfully install Vinux on my Mac book pro? I would greatly appreciate any and all help...

Bryan Duarte
1 Corinthians 9:24 Don't you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one gets the prize? So run to win!
Arizona State University Applied Computer Science Undergraduate
Twitter: @blindambitions
Skype: bambryan
"Blind Ambitions"