/etc/network/interfaces

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Thu Jun 13 04:18:24 UTC 2013

Hi,
If you talk about different wifi networks, not different access points for
the same network, you can control the order of preference with the
priority line in /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf.
I found it much more reliable to activate and deactivate the wifi manually
than giving the thing a mind of its own to decide when and to what it
wants to connect.
As part of the kies package, I wrote a cli-based wifi configuration tool.
If you want it, you can get kies from:
ftp://ftp.csir.co.za/MI/National_Accessibility_Portal/wvdwalt/kies-latest.tar.bz2
Regards, Willem