Any Accurate O C R Programs in DOS I can run in Linux?

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Jun 28 19:09:46 UTC 2013

Yeah, I typed in a paragraph to one of my messages and decided to delete
it where I said I wish I had time to write a parallelized OCR program. I
wish I was rich enough to retire. There are a lot of things I want to
write.

One good thing about linux though, I have a scanner manufactured around
1995 or 1996. Someone just gave it to me for nothing because it wasn't
supported by Windows XP. The scanner came with  a SCSI card you have to
put in your PC. Linux still supports both the SCSI card and the scanner
itself. The linux kernel still has a driver for the SCSI card and sane
still has a driver for the scanner. Incredible.