just how much can you do with?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Tue Mar 5 03:48:46 UTC 2013

Hart Larry  <blinux-list at redhat.com> wrote:
>Well I really wanna ask Jason this, as you may be able to suggest a solution,
>since I think you are also a DecTalk user?
>You mention how much you like EmacsSpeak.  Well, it supposedly has good or
>great DecTalk support?  Would their be an easy way of running my DecTalk USB
>from an Emacs server, but still run Speakup or even YASR?

Yasr can run from an emacspeak speech server, including the DECTALK server
(see its configuration file and documentation). As far as I know, Speakup
cannot.

Emacspeak works very well with a DECTALK, but I have a DECTALK Express, not
DECTALK USB. There may be compatibility issues with the latter that I don't
know about.