some bees nest stirring, was just how much can you do with?

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Thu Mar 7 14:25:46 UTC 2013

Actually, Red Hat and Fedora are two different things.  RHEL is Red Hat
Enterprise Linux and is the commercial version.  Fedora is the community
version with six month release cycles.  Red Hat has made it very clear that
they have no plans to provide any kind of accessibility.  Since the NFB
likes to sue companies (yes, I was formerly part of them and I know what I'm
talking about) they should sue Red Hat due to their complete lack of
willingness to even include Speakup in the standard kernel.  There was/is a
site called Speakup Modified which was just for Fedora, but I don't know how
current it is.  http://speakupmodified.org/  I should add that Speakup is in
staging, so if Fedora includes staging drivers, Speakup would now be
included, but I'm pretty sure that RHEL uses a custom kernel without Speakup
support.

--
Have a good day,
Tony Baechler