Ubuntu not showing long descriptions

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Sun Aug 3 22:33:11 UTC 2014

On Sat, Aug 02, 2014 at 03:37:43PM EST, Tony Baechler wrote:
> Thanks, but that didn't appear to work.  I logged out and back in but still
> no luck.  As I said, I looked at the actual downloaded package lists and saw
> only single line descriptions, so I don't think it's a specific package
> causing the problem.

Ok, what mirror are you pulling from? After further investigation, it seems apt downloads the translations of the long descriptions from the mirror, but only if the mirror has the files. The translations files are under dists/release/main/i18n, etc. If those files are not present, then the mirror you are using is incomplete.

Luke