slackware64-14.1-install-dvd.iso.torrent

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Tue Aug 12 17:51:58 UTC 2014

This was directly from slackware.com itself.  I download the files and
transmission-cli starts seeding.  So, I go into
slackware64-install-dvd-iso directory and run md5sum and gpg on the iso to
check it out.
md5sum --check --status *.md5;echo $? returns 1, and gpg --verify *.asc
*.iso returns bad signature.  Near as I can figure transmission-cli
succeeded on verification with encrypted sites required and started
seeding since somewhere along the way all those piece hashes and the
torrent's indirect contents got corrupted.  Since slackware.com was the
original source, it stands to reason that sometime after release of that
torrent the torrent on that site and all other sites offering that torrent
got corrupted later.  The file once burnt to a dvd also fails to bring up
a hardware speech synthesizer I have talking when booted.  So this tells
me corruption was done on the source files the torrent downloads rather
than the md5 file itself or slackware's gpg key.
Can anyone else confirm this as a bad download?  My reason for asking is
that the internet provider may be interfering with bittorrent downloads or
may not and information would help either prove or clear that speculation
up.

jude <jdashiel at shellworld.net>