eww browser

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Aug 29 17:48:54 UTC 2014

A little earlier today I managed to use bzr for the first time and build
the eww browser on my system archlinux.  The browser probably will replace
w3m in emacs.  It's supposed to be possible to run it in masquerrade mode
in which case you may expose more usable services on web pages.  I was
able to have the browser connect with google earlier so am pretty
confident on its usability.  We're supposed to be able to run an external
browser against un-cooperative web pages and have information collected
from the external browser then passed back through eww.  I haven't gone
that far yet.  Haven't decided which browser to try first.

jude <jdashiel at shellworld.net>