a very challenging question?

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 23:51:55 UTC 2014

The problem with brltty, as far as I am aware, is that it focuses primarily on
braille, and I have no way of reading braille on the computer, as those
refreshable braille displays are extremely cost prohibitive. I am aware that
there is a speech component of brltty, but is it usable with no braille output
device, i.e. can standard PC keyboard keys be mapped to speech functions? has
the screen reading functionality been enhanced since the last time I had access
to a braille device about 8 years ago, i.e. has it progressed beyond
line-by-line review so that it can speak console text as it is printed to the
screen? If so, then it certainly would be a viable option for those of us who
would like to try FreeBSD on a physical machine rather than resorting to running
it under a Linux VM.
--
"Don't judge my disability until you are able to see my ability."
~Kyle: https://kyle.tk/