debian podcasting from command line

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Jan 31 14:02:21 UTC 2014

I think the original question was how to record sound via a command line
app. I don't know about that but if you want to record an internet
stream from the command line, you can use streamripper.

I actually do this pretty regularly. I record my favorite radio programs
via streamripper and then generate a podcast from that so I can listen
to the program any time I like.