Are w3c Standards Only for windows Sites-and-users?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sat Jun 14 04:23:07 UTC 2014

Wow, I suppose we in Linux may need our own version of a Civil Rights Bill.
HEheHEheHEheHE
Ther is a large Grocery chain which was involved in a settlement-and-just
upgraded, or supposedly made its site accessible to all shoppers.
Until March of 2010 I was able to shop this site in Linux, maybe not perfect,
but if I were careful I filled out everything fine. Beginning in April 2010, no
matter which Linux browser or JAWS I couldn't shop any more. In their separate
access site, their help FAQ said they did not use any complicated scripting such
as javascript or css, however, in the source-code, there they were.
Well, now April 30 has come-and-gone, I still cannot shop in either L Y N X or E
L I N K S. When shopping by eile I notice items in a catagory, but none of them
have any links to add to my cart.
So today intouch with a CSR, who found it, I can try chrome vox  or fire vox. I
tried looking for these with an "apt-get" in Debian, cannot find. Are these only
for graphical browsers such as in an x11 display?
I was told that w3c requirements may give them choices of either html,
javascript, or css?
So if they are permitted to write a site which would not work for many users, if
they were picking 2 of those 3 choices, how is that access for all?
So many times especially during the last 2years, an onis is always on myself to
possibly run windows  or maybe ask asistance of some1 running a graphical setup.
>From what I hear, L Y N X will maybe never have javascript support.
So what happens next? If indeede the standards give site owners leeway in
leaving out a group of users, as well as a potential revenue loss. Or even
worse, what happens if they drop delivery because of lack of shoppers?
Thanks alot for listening-and-I welcom all of your ideas-and-suggestions.
I did try Orca many years ago but it was `quite slow, but also even in Speakup
in software speech, the volume was lo in I B M tts. I am running Speakup with a
DecTalk U S B.
Hart