Word Perfect in Linux?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Sat Mar 29 02:58:14 UTC 2014

I realize you are being honest.
for me personally it is rooted int he variety of writing I do
professionally.  And yes you can create  rtf documents in wordperfect, and
save to some editions of Microsoft  word, and lotus, and many other formats.
It is part of why ms word used to provide a wordperfect tinplate, so
people could pretend they were using a real word processor.
Equally because ms word does not support its own formats, I am often asked
by  clients in the nonprofit sector, media markets for whom I write and
people in general if I can provide a  document in something outside of
Microsoft.
The funny thing?  I only started doing ASCII files more this year,
in part because of my bookshare books...and
there are three different editions of ASCII too.
Including one from the American National standards Institute.
Plain text gets creative for me save for when I am writing emails, but I
can do this offline in wp, spell check and paste the contents into an
email as a backup for what I do here at shellworld.
Equally I use the program to manage directories, move files, etc.  sometimes
with greater ease then from the c prompt.
Many companies provide .rtf files as a substitute for pdf and word, so I
can  create what is needful and most times read  what is sent.
Then there is the search /replace,  the flawless table formats, the
thesaurus, the writing tools, the
fax program, lol!
Speaking only for myself, WordPerfect has been the corner stone of my
professional and personal communications since I first sat down at a
computer in 1988.
But this is me.
Kare