Netbook Oriented Linux Distributions Accessibility

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Thu May 8 02:08:19 UTC 2014

I run Vinux 4 on a netbook. Vinux 4 is based on Ubuntu 12.04, and it
uses Unity 2D as a desktop, which is optimized for older hardware. I
find it quite usable. I think some light weight desktops are also being
made accessible, so you might want to keep an eye on the Sonar project.
You can get Vinux from http://vinuxproject.org/ I'm not sure how newer
versions of Ubuntu, based on Unity (not Unity 2D) or Gnome, will perform
on a netbook.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail