Netbook Oriented Linux Distributions Accessibility

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Sat May 10 00:48:06 UTC 2014

My laptop has 512MB of RAM and a Sempron 32-bit processor, roughly
equivalent to an Atom. TalkingArch runs pretty well on it. I installed
MATE the first time I installed TalkingArch to that system, and it runs
pretty well. If you don't mine listening to me droan on and on for about
half an hour, (I'm smiling as I write that), you can hear a walkthrough
of a basic installation of TalkingArch at
http://talkingarch.tk/tutorials.php
For now, it's the only one up there. This audioguide doesn't do any
wireless configuration or advanced networking, and it doesn't install
the desktop environment, it only gets a base system up and running with
a wired network for now. I plan to cover other things later, such as
installing MATE and GNOME, as well as some more advanced network
configurations. For now, this stuff is covered pretty well in the Arch wiki.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/
Hope this helps.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/