Linux mint?

Paul Merrell marbux at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 04:40:37 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 7:47 PM, Karen Lewellen <klewellen at shellworld.net> wrote:

> I am told on another list that this distribution  comes with speech right
> out of the box.  anyone know what is incorporated?
> I believe the distribution  is either debian Ubintu or both?

I can't speak to what its speech capabilities are when freshly
installed, but Mint is derived from Ubuntu which is derived from
Debian. But it comes with its own desktop environments, a choice
between Cinnamon (derivative of Gnome 3) or Mate (a continuation of
the Gnome 2 desktop). I use the Mate desktop.

Best regards,

Paul

--
[Notice not included in the above original message:  The U.S. National
message.]