telecom devic for deaf in linux?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Nov 26 16:54:39 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've never found baud ot capable software, though it's been years since
I looked for it.

What worked for me, years ago, was a modem that was baud ot capable.
This was many years ago when getting on line meant dialing a modem, e.g.
minicom.

The hardware modem accepted standard telecom at 300 over a serial port,
and translated to baud ot. It worked very well.

I wonder whether there might be something like that in hardware today?
 A quick Google search for "baud ot modem" turned up the following:

 http://www.ultratec.com/ttys/modem.php

No idea whether it's still sold, but should work with minicom, imo.

hth

Janina