curse you, ncurses

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Mon Sep 29 19:22:55 UTC 2014

The editor ex is the more powerful version of vim and vi.  If you can
get on a bsd system that has the learn utility available, you can use
that to thoroughly learn ex.  The ex editor is way more powerful than
ed.  shellworld.net hasn't got the learn utility set up and working so
far as I know.  I'll check both shellworld.net and panix.com for learn
though since I could use to cycle through the ex lessons again.  Some of
the more advanced features likely will be more understandable and more
useful now.  The learn utility is a computer-assisted-instruction
environment.  I think it's even possible to "export TERM=ansi" and get
useable output so if a braille display likes ansi more than ncurses you
may have some possibilities there.