youtube-dl bug

Tim Chase blinux.list at thechases.com
Wed Apr 15 23:00:18 UTC 2015

On April 15, 2015, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> A sighted friend who runs linux tried accessing that
> youtube-dl.org/bug site and got two red flags by his browser so he
> recommends not even having anything to do with youtube-dl or its
> website.

Strange.  I've just used the github page, both for my download
source, and for reporting bugs.  It's available at

  https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/

The developers have been pretty responsive there when I experienced a
few bugs.

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is or why you're pinning it on
youtube-dl instead of podget.  In your original message, I don't see
where you're actually invoking youtube-dl, all I see is error
messages from podget.

-tim