removing speakup from memory?

Al Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Sat Jan 24 18:54:58 UTC 2015

I read long ago that if you used the button to shut down Linux you'd
likely damage your system.  I gather it was the same with Windows.  Now,
when need be, I can shut the machine off using the button without doing
any harm that I know of.  I guess somebody figured out they'd better
cover that base, since sometimes the button's the only way out.

I wish I had a coffeemaker like Kyle's.  It would save me a lot of trips
to our attics, where our computers reside.  :--)

Al