simple home monitoring?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Sat Jul 18 22:17:37 UTC 2015

Good answers, let me spell this out more carefully.
1, this is an apartment building, and I am on the top floor.
2, I have no need to monitor when I am home, the two locks I have on the
door  prevent entry.
3. I have no pets unless you count my stuffies.
4, I only need to monitor /capture activity  on the front door, and
obviously prefer something that might not attract too much attention , I
know  where to place the camera   to prevent  issues.  something I would
activated when I leave, and turn off when home.
if you must run a wire from the door to the pie, that might defeat the
purpose.
based on that simplicity, if a machine for it really is $40 in Canada i
might get something new since it will only be doing this job.  No machines
with anything running on them now, but have an older desktop.   p 2 i think
that could be set up for it.
what is the simplest way  to do the job based on these details?

I am not vetoing anything just want to keep it simple.
Karen