linux music tools It is quite possible and was done all the time in the bad

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 04:43:13 UTC 2015

I'm not sure why you're bringing aliases into the discussion. You don't'
need to use aliases if you're just writing a simple script analogous to
a batch file. If you want to batch commands in a shell script then you
can do that just as you do in DOS. The only real difference I can think
of is that your script file has to  be executable and has to start with
the scripting language you want to use. If that's what's making the
outline of scripts more complicated then I can't argue with that. If
what you're familiar with makes something simpler and makes more sense
then again, I can't disagree with that.

On 07/28/2015 11:13 PM, Hart Larry wrote:
> OK Christopher, while there are some oddities where "mv" is essentially
> rename and or move, in general I am now more accustomed to those, but
> the general outline of aliases and scripts make little sense, while even
> as a novice, DOS batches made more sense out of the box. With an alias,
> I must continually examine previous items, while writing dot bat files
> are `much simpler. Thanks
> Hart

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail