audio description

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue May 5 04:46:32 UTC 2015

Hello,

I can't specifically help you with audio description, but you could see if
MPlayer supports it.  It does have support for subtitles and might support
USB devices, but I have no idea.

Regarding the subtitles themselves, I can tell you that the BBC subtitles
are in plain text.  If you have Get_IPlayer, you can give it the --subtitles
option to get them in the .srt format which is justa text file with numbers
indicating the time position for the dialog.  They are interesting to read
and could be useful if you for some reason can't get the audio.  Since they
are already in plain text and you download them separately, there is no need
to convert them.  Again, MPlayer should be able to display them in real-time.