kali linux help

Bryan Duarte bryan0731 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 00:31:47 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I just installed Kali on my Raspberry PI 2 and I can get into the OS using a screen and keyboard but I am unable to log in using ssh. The root password should be toor and it was once I logged in using the external screen and monitor but using ssh it is not accepting the password.

Here is another thing I am having trouble with. When I logged in using the screen and keyboard it was in "read only" mode. I rebooted it and the GUI came up so I launched the command line from there and it allowed me to change the root password, create a second user and set a password. Now that I have disconnected it is back to not letting me ssh into the PI.

I really am baffled as to why this OS will not let me ssh into it.

Here is my information.
• using Mac osX Yo
• using bash on the unix terminal
• Raspberry PI 2