Monitoring Trafic through a Gateway?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Fri Apr 1 14:07:21 UTC 2016

Thanks Kelly: Yes it is ethernet, no I have not changed out any physical items
in this machine, which has been running consecutively now 154days. No I do not
seem to have a static IP, as we have had to setup those services which find me,
if others need to login.
And as far as probably your most important question, gradually over the several
weeks-and-months before this happened, I upgraded most packages from testing to
/sid. Also, I had purchased a Victor Stream, got it on a Monday. All was
reasonable until a Thursday evening when the VR Stream stopped connecting. After
that wireless was quite spriatic. Eventually I had AT&T come out, they replaced
the Gateway, next visit replaced a DVR, which they say burned out. So since I
really couldn't get to hardly any of the recordings on the box, I eventually
lost thousands of hours of items recorded over nearly 3years. And even if an
Apple TV is connected through ethernet, it still won't work while the desktop is
connected. And I've tried closing out some items running, that did seem to
briefly help. I certainly could not post a 200line list of what I get when
running "ps -A" but I could either send it your way, or even post on my web-site
here on Shellworld.
Thanks so much in advance for your analysis
Hart