smtp.gmail.com recent problem

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Sat Apr 2 14:51:33 UTC 2016

You need to be sending encrypted email over smtp.gmail.com now.  google
made some security changes effective February 29, 2016.  I haven't
managed to get anything working in connection with gmail for command
line Linux and don't expect to any longer.  I'm seriously tempted to
delete my account then create another one after I figure out how to get
everything working on command line linux if that ever happens.  This
will of course disable my android tablet but at this point, that won't
be a sacrifice.