smtp.gmail.com recent problem

Christian Schoepplein chris at schoeppi.net
Sat Apr 2 15:50:37 UTC 2016

On Sa, Apr 02, 2016 at 09:10:28 -0500, Brian Tew wrote:
>smtp.gmai.com recently began refusing my emails as follows;
>
>mail server doesn't recognize myusername at gmail.com
>
>But I can receive and send on the same account with apple ipad and can
>still receive popmail in ubuntu.

What is the exact error message if you try to send a mail? Your local
mailserver, that authenticates to gmail, or your mail client should give
a more detailed description of the error and without this details we can
only gues what is going on :-(.

Maybe you have to configure your gmail account that also insecure
client logins are alowed. That is what I've had to do for some Google
mail accounts to be able to use them with linux...

Cheers and all the best from Munich,

  Schoepp

--
Christian Schoepplein - <chris (at) schoeppi.net> - http://schoeppi.net