Booting instead of DHC Errors?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sun Apr 17 18:40:04 UTC 2016

Hi All: Friday morning around 440AM we had a brief power hit, probably because
of 30MPH winds here in Southern Cal. Anyway, surprised my UPS didn't react
better. So after 168days my Linux machine went off the air
Sorry, but this laptop is murdering my typing.
So the Linux machine was looping 5lines of errors about dhc, including gateway
addresses. After the 2nd beep there seem to be 3 kernel choices, 1 of which has
no speech. I would suppose even if I could get in safe mode  I might not have
speech? So can some1 please inform how, other than a live cd I can boot past
these dhc errors? Thanks so much in advance
Hart