linux on msi computers

Tobias Vinteus tobvin at algonet.se
Mon Apr 18 11:39:36 UTC 2016

Yeah, I see what you mean. And even Windows follow a trend of being able
to run on older or cheaper hardware. But then again, who knows what the
future has in store. I gues it's a matter of what you're going to do with
the computer in question. When I chose my system, I was thinking along the
lines of advanced soudn editing, virtualisation and software development,
so I thought better safe than sory. *smile*

I took into account the fact that Linux might not be entirely compatible
with the bleeding edge mother board I chose, but I was prepared to wait.
As it turned out, I was lucky, despite going for an X99s based MB with
DDR4 memory.