Concerning Debian and ArchLinux

Christian Schoepplein chris at schoeppi.net
Tue Aug 2 09:37:55 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Di, Aug 02, 2016 at 06:07:00 +1000, Peter Billam wrote:
>> Devuan, a derivative of debian Jessie, is available as
>> a minimal live image with beep, brltty, espeak, espeakup, yasr
>>   http://devuan.kalos.mine.nu/
>
>It seems like years I've been waiting for this !
>And from the package-list it looks like there's alsa but no pulse.

You're right, pulse sucks, but here it is working since months with
speech-dispatcher, orca and in parallel with a console screen reader
(openblinux.de) without problems. You have to make sure, that pulse is
running as root user, which is not wanted and a bad hack, but then
everything is fine.

Ciao,

  Schoepp