More on Adding speakup to wheezy, Conditionally good news

Martin McCormick martin.m at suddenlink.net
Tue Dec 13 04:20:14 UTC 2016

	Thank you. I'll try that as I think my session died
sometime later after posting my original message. I actually have
a second raspberry pi that I got this year and the image I put on
it was jessie which does not have speakup_soft and apt-get
install espeakup runs without errors but also without working so
I will give this a try tomorrow as it is getting late now. I can
think of a zillion uses for a raspberry pi with working speech.
They are pretty useful even without speech if you can ssh in to
them but the speech is a great force multiplier and makes a lot
more things possible than before.

Martin