Emacspeak and eSpeak

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 17:01:53 UTC 2016

Voice-lock gives you a different voice when the font changes, such as
when you're reading a comment in your code or you come across a link in
your browser.

The default is a UK English voice. I was able to change this in the
past, but when I tried to change it recently the same steps didn't work.
It's not that big a deal for me, so I haven't put the time into it to
figure it out.

On 08/10/16 11:52, Fernando Botelho wrote:

> On 10/08/2016 12:11 AM, Devin Prater wrote:
>> For now, eSpeak cannot use the voice-lock features of Emacspeak.
>> That's my
>> main problem with it's maintenance now, and that I can't change the voice
>> to the En-us language.
>>

> This sounds bad. What is voice-lock used for?
>
> Also, if you cannot use US English, what do you use?  Somehow I thought
> US English would be the default.
>
> Fernando

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail