spammers on this list

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Sat Apr 15 02:05:06 UTC 2017

But, Henry, of course the spammer is replying directly back to the
person who posted the message rather than back to the list. Spammers
always work that way.  I also don't see what difference it makes whether
the bot (it clearly is a bot) was set up deliberately or if it is the
result of someone being hacked. A bot is a bot. My problem is that there
doesn't appear to be anyone at Red Hat monitoring this list.  Hello, Red
Hat. Are you there?

It might be difficult to match the email address on the list to the
spammer. The spam messages don't have to come from the same address as
the one subscribe to this list. But I'm not sure what you hope to do if
you get a look at the message headers. You can't unsubscribe anyone, can
you?

I would think if there was a moderator on this list, he or she would
have  have said something by now.