Any Currently Working Weather Apps?

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue Apr 18 09:55:01 UTC 2017

Yes, I realize this is a very, very late reply, but it might be useful
anyway and is generic for any platform. I think both the NWS and Weather
Underground have changed their interfaces in the last year, probably
breaking most weather apps. It doesn't matter though as you can get plain
text output of the weekly forecast. The problem is either you have to search
for your zip or city and state or you have to know your latitude and adjust
accordingly. Once you find your forecast, search for the plain text link.
Bookmark that link or copy it somewhere. It's then just a matter of making a
script to pull that plain text link and display it. Here is my local weather
forecast as plain text:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=32.8561&lon=-116.997&unit=0&lg=english&FcstType=text&TextType=1

As you can see, go to forecast.weather.gov. You could put "curl" in front of
the above link and have it display the latest weather forecast on demand.
The output is fairly short, but you could pipe it through less or save to a
file.

On 10/15/2016 3:49 PM, Hart Larry wrote:
> Well, for `many years, have been useing a "wx" script which goes through
> Wunderground, but last day or so, now it only is displaying current
> conditions, no forecast. So I looked in Debian testing-and-grabbed several
> items:
> libgeo-metar-perl libgweather-3-6 libweather-com-perl php-services-weather
> weather-util
> Well, weather and weather-util seem exactly the same, but items at NWS have
> been removed, so essentially these are useless. Can any1 please suggest
> something simple to configure? Thanks so much in advance
> Hart

James 5:16 Confess therefore your sins one to another, and pray one for
another, that ye may be healed. The supplication of a righteous   man
availeth much in its working. (ASV)