Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Apr 23 20:49:11 UTC 2017

According to eric:
# Perhaps we need to take a look at the guys at the NV Association (the
makers of NVDA, the free
# windows screen reader).
Seriously? The NV Association is *not* a general accessibility
organization. It is the organization that handles funding for the NVDA
Windows screen reader only. This is good enough for people who are still
Microsoft dependent, but not good for the rest of us. Should Sonar or
Vinux help fund Windows development? I think not. Therefore, the NV
Association is perfectly justified if they refuse funding of Linux
development, as that's just not what they do. That would go far in
explaining why as I recall, they have in fact been approached on several
occasions regarding funding of Linux accessibility development, but
refused to help, either with funds or with developers. It would be like
asking ArchLinux to help Microsoft develop Windows. It's simply not
gonna happen.
~Kyle