Blind vs. mainstream distros

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Apr 23 22:14:14 UTC 2017

Sorry, it's been a while since I heard Red Hat refer to the distribution
and not the company. Plus I thought it had already been made clear that
Fedora isn't a derivative of any other distro. I probably should have
known what you meant though. Sorry for being so dense.

Here's an article explaining how Fedora and RHEL work together
https://www.redhat.com/en/technologies/linux-platforms/articles/relationship-between-fedora-and-rhel

Here's another article
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Comparison_to_other_distributions where
it says the following:

Ubuntu is based off of Debian, but Fedora is not a derivative of another
Linux distribution and has a more direct relationship with many upstream
projects by using newer versions of their software.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail