OT: ACB & NFB

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Apr 26 02:30:46 UTC 2017

Sometimes being inflexible is a good thing, sometimes a bad one.  It's
often but not always easy to know when to do which.  Some NFB rehab
centers have been more sensible than others in this department.

I'm normally a guide dog user, but when I use a cane, the NFB straight
cane is for me the best by far most of the time.  I also use a folding
cane from time to time, however, and probably should get one of those
with the ball tip.

Then again, maybe I shouldn't have said any of this.  This has arisen,
sadly, because I followed up a comment complaining about their being two
advocacy organizations of the blind by naming twhat I presume to be the
two he had in mind.  My point had to do with our predictable diversity
of needs and viewpoints and useful versus dubious forms of unity.  I
guess I should have figured things would veer off into whether one or
both organizations suck, but it didn't occur to me.  I probably should
have stuck to guzzling coffee and studying assembly.  (another grimace)