list identification:

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Thu Apr 27 10:47:32 UTC 2017

Tony Baechler here. I'm already doing this. It's a pain though and I'm going
to leave the list soon. I'm waiting to see what other lists people gravitate
to and whether a new list should be created.

The problem I see with already existing lists like the FSF and gnu.org is
they aren't really for the blind. I have nothing against any disability and
I think there is a place for all groups with disabilities to have their say,
but I would argue that the blind have special needs that other groups don't
care about, like screen readers. I can't think of another group who would
use Orca or Speakup. Likewise, we aren't interested in their needs as a
general rule. While some groups can't use various senses or parts of the
body, they can see the screen. Again, let me be clear that I have nothing
against any group. I just think they would get tired of hearing about screen
reader wars and what key should announce the time, with the end result being
that we're asked to go elsewhere. By all means, definitely post to those
other lists, but I don't think they should be the main platform to replace
this list.