I need to get speakup to wirk. Suggestions?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Aug 1 23:40:45 UTC 2017

Hi,
You still get the same error after you did what - reinstalling the kernel?
To check the state of Secure Boot, try:
sudo mokutil --sb-state

I don't have UEFI here, so I don't know if it'll ask you for a password just for checking the state, but I guess not.

P. S. Although mokutil doesn't have a --help option, it has a manual page:
man mokutil

--
Best wishes,
Zahari