fenrir setup?

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Aug 4 20:38:31 UTC 2017

Howdy,

> insert-h to get help up and that doesn't work.  super-h doesn't work and
> even kp(insert)-h doesn't work.  (keypad)8 plays a couple different
> sounds depending on number of times it is pressed it appears to toggle
> those sounds.

I cannot see this. You can bind whatever key you want as fenrir key. It sound more like an wrong setup i bet to an old python-evdev  version.

> It's just that fenrir introduces keyboard latency.
This is fixed fore some weeks now since i bring fenrir to an event based and multiprocess  structure.

What surprised me
> though is I have speech-dispatcher installed on this system and fenrir
> did not use that synthesizer as its default even though

Fenrir does use speech-dispacher  as default but did not use the defaults of speech-dispacher. It has its own settings to tell speech-dispacher  what TTS needs to be used. But when running  pulse and speech-dispacher  it needs some special setup to configure speech-dispacher  for root (as what fenrir is running )pulse to forewart the sound to the user.

Cheers Chrys

Hm speechd-el, sure i dont stop someone to use a software that got about 10 commits in seven years or try to create a good new maintained one. Sure it has bugs but without knowledge  of them i cannot fix it. Or we come to the conclusion we dont need another screenreader  and i will better spent my sparetime at the bar ;).