yikes! no internet

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri May 5 13:56:36 UTC 2017

ok,
reading through this, if the gateway is an integrated cable modem and router, it may be that they upgraded the firmware on you. That being the case, you will have to do a full on reset. this will mean losing your username/password and other settings, but it will clean the slate and allow you to use the device again.

I have one of those silly motorola surfboard cable modems here and the last time that cox updated it, the entire LAN dropped offline. I couldn't access the settings page or connect to the internet. Basically, I had to call tech support and have them walk me through the procedure. It took 10 minutes just to explain to the person that I was blind and they had to explain some things to me. after that, going through the reset process was easy.

-eric