Lynx Accessible Weather

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Oct 31 16:41:12 UTC 2017

Tim here. While not lynx accessible per se, you can use

  $ curl http://wttr.in/dallas,tx

to get a weather report in the terminal.  I have a few small issues
with it, though the biggest is that it tries to be pretty and ends up
going beyond 80 columns of text.  But you can change the location to
any number of things, whether zip-code, city name, or airport code.

There's more documentation and source at

https://github.com/chubin/wttr.in

I'm not sure of its weather source (if it ties to Weather Underground
or not)

Alternatively, if you know your latitude and longitude, you can plug
them in this URL

https://forecast-v3.weather.gov/point/32.7758,-96.7967?view=plain&mode=min

(that happens to be Dallas, TX near here) which uses the NWS data.
You can either bookmark it in lynx or make a function/alias in bash
to pull up that URL for you quickly.

Hope those suggestions help,

-tim