almost got gdm and mate working on archlinux

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Sep 6 17:15:05 UTC 2017

I got things up to login and did that and got the screen-saver after that.
When I ran orca I had sighted assistance looking at the screen and orca
did not come up talking.  It did show all of its settings on screen
though.  As a result, I removed mate and mate-extra and orca and brltty
and dependencies from the system.  I think I'll need to remove whatever
screen-saver programs gnome and/or mate normally install before turning
those on next time  Archlinux has orca 3.24 on it if anyone is interested
in the version of that package that ran that way.  espeak did work before
gdm started up too so sound and speech on the command line level is
working.