Questions about Mac, emacspeak and Braille

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Sep 26 18:23:45 UTC 2017

Hi, I know it's the Linux list but this is super important because I
have a job interview with Apple coming up.

The latest emacs + emacspeak is running on my MacBook but the Braille
doesn't work. The only way I can think to make it work is to set up
brltty. I found this process way too hard when I attempted it last
year. Has it gotten easier, or is there another way to get Braille
with emacspeak on MacOS?

Also, can I use some other voice besides Alex. He sounds awful when I
speed him up (I purchased a machine, not a human). Basically, has
anyone found a way to get clear, fast speech under this setup?

Thanks!