Newbie to linux and a question

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Dec 15 22:01:22 UTC 2018

Hello Chime,

I happened to get teh answer today (smile). So:

either (linked to from: http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-adriane/index-en.html then from http://www.openblinux.de/en/index.php?page=download)
http://www.openblinux.de/download/sbl-3.5.0.tgz
Or:
http://download.opensuse.org/source/distribution/leap/15.1/repo/oss/src/sbl-3.5.0.20130317.git7a75bc29-lp151.3.2.src.rpm
(Yes it is shipped in OpenSUSE too)

I didn't diff the two sources, but successfully built the one from openblinux.de on Slint.
Caveat: you will need to add the -fPIC options to CFLAGS in brld/Makefile, line #21 and also replace
#include <libspeechd.h>
with
#include <speech-dispatcher/libspeechd.h>
in speechdlib.h, line 4
as (here at least) this header from speech-dispatcher is installed as /usr/include/speech-dispatcher/libspeechd.h
There is no configure script, that's why I did it that way.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Didier
--