Newbie to linux and a question

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sun Dec 16 00:55:33 UTC 2018

sudo apt-cache search package_name|less is also very useful.  That one
allows users to search for packages and presents available choices one
screen at a time.  If a user finds a package they want to install on a
screen, they can type control-z which backgrounds the sudo apt-cache
search package_name command then they can type sudo apt-get install
package_name to get that package.  Then they can type fg <enter> to
foreground the original sudo apt-cache search package_name command and
continue reading from where they left off.