Dividing Daisy Audiobooks.

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 16:07:58 UTC 2018

Good Morning,

I have a few Gigabytes worth of Daisy audiobooks, mostly magazines I
either copied from cartridges sent by NLS or downloaded from the BARD
website.

My digital media player(a Blaze ET) is authorized to play Daisy
audiobooks Encrypted with BARD's DRM, but it takes a really long time
to load ones with longer play times, and navigating within a long
Daisy program is a bit annoying.

Does anyone know a way of splitting a Daisy audiobook into a separate
audiobook for each top-level heading with little to no loss of audio
quality and retaining all lower level headings? Ideally, I'd like to
separate each Magazine into a separate Daisy folder for each article
and to be able to split any future novels I add to my Daisy collection
into one Daisy book per chapter, just as I merge my rips of CD audio
books into one flac file per chapter.

If the process can use the input Daisy book to automatically give the
separated parts a meaningful title/filename, all the better.

--
Sincerely,

Jeffery Wright
Bachelor of Computer Science
President Emeritus, Nu Nu Chapter, Phi Theta Kappa.