Use GTK2 version of Save File dialog box in Mate

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Sat Feb 3 08:57:16 UTC 2018

Hello,

[quoted lines from  Edhoari Setiyoso]
> I have some applications that when I choose to save, it'll open GTK3 version of Save File Dialog box. While some other apps using the GTK2 Save as dialog box.
> Using GTK3 version seems to cause problems with orca, specifically when creating new folder, orca will says "Left Shift" multiple times whenever I press a key.
>
> So my questions is it possible to force all applications to use GTK2 Save as dialog box?
>
> FYI : I'm on Debian

It would help to know which version of MATE and orca you are using.

Be aware that more and more applications use GTK3.

For instance MATE 1.18 has dropped all GTK2 code.

Let me quote this page:
https://wiki.debian.org/accessibility-devel
gtk3 needs libatk-adaptor and libgail-common.

Maybe you could check that you have that?

You could post also on the orca mailing list, as this issue seems to be related to Orca.

Greetings,

Didier