Screen reader advice for a Linux sysadmin

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Tue Feb 27 19:31:58 UTC 2018

Why not just ssh into your Linux servers from a Linux terminal? Its ssh
capability is far better than anything you can get from a Windows app
using their lackluster screen readers.

Java apps use the java-atk-bridge to work with Orca, but that's only if
you require graphical tools. If not, you can do that from a text
terminal as well. That just leaves the Windows servers, and I personally
would avoid those like the plague, especially in a business environment.
I can't recommend anything good for accessing such things.

Really though, Linux has some of the best accessibility tools around for
sysadmin tasks, so do give it a shot. If you find NVDA usable, you'll
LOVE Orca, as it deals with flat review of the screen rather than NVDA's
constructed object navigation, which is foreign even to a power user
like me.
Imetumwa kutoka kompyuta yangu